Before your session dos & don’ts:
– Get a good night’s sleep. You’ll get the most out of your session when you’re rested and full of energy.
Hydrate!! I could ramble on about the importance of hydration but I won’t:) While refreshments will be available for you during your session, you should arrive already hydrated.
– Moisturize! Moisturized skin can make all the difference! I recommend Bio-Oil or Osea Body Oil.
– Eat something! Some women try to avoid eating a meal before their session. Don’t do this!! You will need your energy for your session, and if you haven’t eaten all day, you can feel fatigued. If you start to feel fatigued at any point during your session I do keep some light snacks on hand for this very reason.
– Show up to have fun! Your session is an experience for you! Enjoy it, your only job is to have fun! The job of taking beautiful portraits is mine, so you can relax and enjoy yourself!
– Confirm all details the week prior to your session. Confirm not only the details of your boudoir session but also any other appointments you’ve made for your session (hair, makeup, etc.).
– Pack up your session bag, and double-check that you have everything you’ll need. I recommend doing this the night before so that you won’t have anything to worry about the day of as you are getting ready.
– Don’t get a haircut or try a new hairstyle right before the shoot. I have gone in for a ‘trim’ countless times and have left the salon with 3-4 inches of hair gone. Just be mindful of this when you schedule your session and hair appointments.
– Avoid spray tans immediately before your session. While a spray tan is not a requirement for your session and your natural skin tone will photograph beautifully, if you plan on getting a spray tan for your session, please do so at least four days before your session. You will also want to follow your salon’s instructions for caring for your spray tan.
– Avoid Botox, collagen, and other types of injections immediately before your session. While these procedures are not necessary for you to look beautiful, please do so at least two weeks prior to your session if you plan on scheduling these procedures. This applies to facials and chemical treatments as well!!
– Avoid waxing immediately before your session. Waxing can cause redness and irritate your skin. Please schedule waxing appointments at least 2-3 days before your session.
– No alcohol immediately prior to your session. Alcohol can leave you groggy, and it can make it more difficult for you to hold poses. You’ll want to be fresh and sharp for your session!
– No Negative self-talk allowed! Your boudoir journey is about celebrating your beauty! Negative self-talk isn’t welcomed here!